Golovushkina Marina Vladimirovna, Candidate of pedagogical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of English language, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Voyachek Olga Stanislavovna, Senior lecturer, sub-department of English language, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Background. The actuality of appealing to the problem of the legal specialists’ moral culture development is a result of the value-based situation in our contemporary society. Social impact on the young generation predominates over pedagogical measures. Important axiological features of any personality such as duty, responsibility and honor are disappearing. This article describes the possibilities of future lawyers’ moral training with the help of linguistic education. The authors of the article defined the main problem of their investigation. It is to reveal the possibilities of future lawyers’ moral training by means of foreign language; to draw colleagues’ attention to this problem.
Materials and methods. The research was based on pedagogical (axiological and human-oriented approaches, synergetic and system analysis), sociological (psychological and collective approaches) and linguistic (integrated approach) approaches and methods, permitting to study all sides of the problem and solve the assigned research aims. Professional texts, situations requiring moral choice, communicative activities actualizing the demonstration of students’ individual law consciousness, their position as subjects of law and citizens of law society were used by the authors as means of investigation.
Results. As a result of the survey conducted between the first year students of the Law Faculty of Penza State University their most important professional, business, mental and ethical qualities were discovered. That’s why the practical purpose of the research is to develop the educational process directed to future lawyers’ moral training within the framework of the subject «English in Law» and to organize it correctly and according to pedagogical principles.
Conclusions. Scientific originality of the investigation is determined by the fact that the research enriches the practical component of the English language teaching for professional purposes in contemporary educational establishments and opens new possibilities for students and foreign language teachers.
moral training, language learning, foreign language, forming of moral qualities, lawyer, morality, moral choice.
1. Belonozhko V. Yu. Pravo i obrazovanie [Law and education]. 2009, no. 3, pp. 159–165.
2. Levitan K. M. Yuridicheskiy perevod: osnovy teorii i praktiki: ucheb. posobie. [Juridical translation: basic theory and practice: tutorial]. Moscow: Prospekt; Ekaterinburg: Izdatel'skiy dom «Ural'skaya gosudarstvennaya yuridicheskaya akademiya», 2011, 352 p.
3. Shrayber E. G. Vospitanie sovesti, spravedlivosti i otvetstvennosti u budushchikh yuristov na urokakh angliyskogo yazyka (v ramkakh formiruyushchego eksperimenta) [Fostering of conscience, justice and responsibility in future lawyers at English language lessons]. Available at: //http://do.gendocs.ru/docs/index-327237.html
4. Rivlin G. Understanding the Law. Fifth Edithion. Oxford University press, 2009, 389 p.
5. Golovushkina M. V., Voyachek O. S., Tryakina S. V. English for lawyers. Penza: Informatsionno-izdatel'skiy tsentr PGU, 2010, 197 p.
6. Golovushkina M. V., Voyachek O. S. Mini-dictionary for Lawyers: spravochnoe rukovodstvo k uchebnomu posobiyu «English for lawyers». Penza: Izd-vo PGU, 2011, 83 p.
7. Golovushkina M. V., Voyachek O. S. Angliyskiy yazyk dlya yuristov-zaochnikov: ucheb. posobie [English language for extramural students of law faculties: tutorial]. Penza: Izd-vo PGU, 2011, 101 p.
8. Dickens Ch. Bleak House. Web edition. Global Grey, 2013. Available at: http://www.globalgrey.co.uk/Books/Classics/Bleak-House.pdf
9. Pulenko G. A. Vospitanie pravovogo soznaniya budushchikh yuristov v protsesse izucheniya inostrannogo yazyka: dis. kand. ped. nauk: 13.00.08 [Fostering legal consciousness of future lawyers in the process of English language learning: dissertation apply for the degree of the candidate of pedagogical sciences]. Rostov-on-Don,2009, 157 p.